Grief is a terrible thing to waste on being selfish

Last year I lost a cousin. I didn't know him very well, but well enough that I was saddened by the loss, especially because he was so young. He had leukemia and ended up passing away from complications.

Now I went out there last October, I arrived the day after he had passed. I was hoping to get there in time to see him and actually say good-bye, but it wasn't meant to be.

While I was there I felt sad for the loss, but at the same time it was hard not to feel loved. Everybody had gathered and was sharing stories and feelings and food! There were a lot of tears, some laughter, smiles and a general feeling of family gathering

Now, not so many months later, something terrible is happening. The family is splitting. Tearing apart from the seams. And the two young boys that called him Daddy, are suffering for it.

Some people are trying to reason this out. "It's part of the grieving process" "Selfish, that's what they're being, selfish" "What a moronic thing to do", etc etc etc.

Whatever the reason, there are two boys that have lost their father and now are losing a lot of their family because of the drama surrounding it. And regardless of the reason behind it, they are now going to lose out on a great many things. Uncles that help them with sports, aunts that surround them with love and the occasional goody, and grandparents that would do anything ANYTHING for them.

I believe in Karma. I believe that what you choose to do, how you decide to treat others, and the course of action you take will all come back around to you. I am being ejected from their life, like a great many others, and there's nothing I can do about it. I will most likely not see them again for a very very long time if ever again. It saddens me and angers my heart.

But... I wish no ill will on anybody. Least of all the person(s) responsible for this. Why? Because regardless of the reason for the exclusion of so much family, they are suffering and now will suffer even more. They obviously don't know what they've done, the people they've hurt to the extent from which there can almost never be forgiveness. Things have been said, well, shouted, and done that cannot be unsaid or undone. And in my mind there's no point in hoping they get 'theirs' or whatever the saying is, because Karma is the belief that all of your actions have equal reprecussions, affecting you.

If you choose to cut out friends and family, that's not necessarily bad, but the way you go about doing it? That will most certainly come back to you.

I have love for you all, take care of yourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start