Aging... does it really matter??

On my thirtieth birthday I learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I've been told that I'm no longer 'in my twenties', that I've hit a 'milestone', that 'it's all down-hill from here'... but... why? Why does it matter that I'm no longer in my twenties? Is it really a milestone? And who decided when the hill goes up and down?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm almost exactly where I want to be in life. I've got two of the most wonderful, beautiful, loving boys in the world. A husband that has been with me for 12 years and married to me for 7 years. What more could I ask for? I was actually told that I need perspective... really? I need perspective?

Perspective: stems from the latin meaning to look at or inspect closely.
Defined as a way of regarding situations, facts, etc. and judging their relative importance.

If I look at my life I can list my education, work experience, etc. but this is not a resume. So when I look at the situation and facts, this is what I see. I have what I want, when I want, how I want and where. I don't fear aging, it's a number; I don't loathe it, I make it what I want; I won't fight it, it's gonna keep coming regardless.

My father always told me on my birthday... You are not another year older. Only another day.

With that in mind, on the first day of my thirties, I felt no different than the last day of my twenties. I'm older than yesterday and younger than tomorrow. There is nothing more annoying that somebody that doesn't share your joy of life, but you can always make 'em squirm by not sharing their fear!

Sylvain! You're the love of my life!
Heather! You're my inspiration!
Paul! You're coolest person I know!
Kim! You're the best friend I've never met!

Love for all, no regrets. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start