Support Network - Very Much Needed

I am two weeks post-op. I had surgery on December 30th, 2015 and as of today I was allowed to have soft foods! YAY!

I'll be honest, I had half an egg last night. HAHA. Doesn't seem like much... it isn't really... I boiled an egg, cut it in half, took 15min to eat it and I was full.

Like holy sh*t, that's it??

For breakfast I was lucky to get down a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, lunch was another half egg, I was stuffed! I mean, it felt like if I took another bite I would toss my cookies (or egg). Supper? Supper I sort of treated myself. My husband and kids ordered pizza.

At this point I did the unthinkable. I took the toppings OFF the pizza and put them in a bowl. Then I threw out the pizza slice that was just dough. I didn't even think of it, just did it. HA! HOLY COW! What's going on?!?

I was able to eat about half of the toppings, cheese, mushroom, green pepper, black olives and a tiny bit of Italian sausage. I have to say, it took 20min to eat that half, but it was the BEST THING EVER.

After we were done, my husband just looked at me, he said do you realize what you ate? I was like, yes, and....? He said, before you would've had 3 or 4 SLICES of pizza, now it's a half a slice of toppings and you're full! I stared at him, I hadn't even thought about it.

On that note, this blog is actually about my husband. I've been what I would call a "lazy bum" for the past two weeks. I've done no housework, very little cooking, and a lot of sitting, waddling and caring for myself. My mother in law has come over a few times and been a HUGE help. Cleaning and cooking is just what she does! My sister has come over a few times and gotten down on the floor to play with my dayhome kids for me because I just can't yet.

But my husband. My dear husband. He took 4 days off, HUGE help to me, but it's what he does when all the kids are gone. He takes laundry downstairs, sorts it and does a few loads. He cooks supper. He cleans up after supper. He cleans up after the day of my dayhome kids. He takes our boys out skating/sledding/snow fort building. He lets me be a "lazy bum" and take care of me while he worries about everything else.

My support system is great, but he is at the top. He does so much, asks for nothing in return, doesn't complain and just DOES. I haven't seen him this dedicated to my well being since I came home from the hospital with a new baby and a C-section incision.

Sitting on the couch, watching the food network (ha, I know), crocheting a blanket... all I hear is water running, dishes clanking about, and my husband? Singing at the top of his lungs to a song he put on while he was doing dishes. Best sound ever.

Nothing better than knowing someone loves you that much.

Until next time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start