Cautious or paranoia?

So... here I am again... bronchitis... my kids have bronchitis and pnuemonia... geezus... what's wrong with me? why can't I just get a normal cold? normal flu attack? AARRGHH!!!

I'm so tired of being so sick.

I mean. Yea. It could be worse. I could be in the hospital. I could be bed-ridden. I could be... well... it could be a LOT worse.

My kids are going to get sick. Right? I mean, they're kids. Low to the ground, don't wash their hands enough, put things in their mouth they shouldn't, get coughed on and sneezed on, licking door handles... well, okay, maybe that last one is just my kids...

My point? I KNOW why I'm sick. I KNOW why my kids are sick. Hell... I KNOW why they and I get bronchitis and pnuemonia more than just colds.

What I don't know? Why people insist and telling me my business. No, not just sharing their opinion. Not just offering advice. Nope, not even giving me an ear to bitch into. Nope. TELLING. ME. I. AM. WRONG.

That's a mistake. A BIG mistake. I don't mind hearing it once. I'll put up with it twice. More than that? I am liable to kick your teeth in, and bury you ass up so that I can use you as a bike stand. Screw you and the high friggin' horse you rode up on.

My kids and I get sick because of the asthma. We're all asthmatic. We're prone to getting sicker than the rest of you. The mild winter that everybody LOOOOVES? Not me. It's also what makes us sicker. REAL cold or REAL heat, is what saves us from germs.

Don't tell me there's something wrong with my home. I'm too paranoid. I don't wash my hands often enough, or I don't wash my KIDS hands often enough. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I am so sick and tired of people. I am raising my children the best I can with what I know. Don't judge me when I could so easily judge you and what you're doing "wrong". There is no right way to parent, least of all when it comes to germs and illness.

I am a mother of two. I am the mother. NOT you. ME.

If I want advice, I will ask. I need opinions, I will seek them out. If I need help... I go to my damn doctor for a reason.

*sigh*

I know. This very quickly turned into a bitch-fest. What can I say. There is something to be said about old sayings. Mess with this bull and you're gonna get more than just the horn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start