Be nice... or else.

It's hard to understand why I am so sad. Unless you know what it's like to be in my shoes. And a few of you do. You actually do! Understanding and sympathizing are two different things.

My son is small.

I know this.

I'm not blind. I might wear thick glasses, but I see everything.

It has not escaped my vivid motherly attention that my son is tiny small short beyond perfect.

But... something else that has not escaped? The fact that everyone else has an opinion about that.

"Oh, he's so tiny!" "He's so short!" "How is going to keep up with others his age?"

Huh... okay...

And the other thing. He doesn't really talk yet. He's taking his time. Absorbing his world, trying to figure it out before he forms an opinion of it.

Oh wait. I'm just the mom... what do the assholes peanut gallery have to say? Don't worry, there is NO shortage of opinions there.

"He doesn't talk yet? That's shocking." "Aren't you worried?" "He should be talking! Have you had him checked out yet?"

I get angry at the peanut gallery. Who do they consist of? Oh, everybody. A few from column A and a few from column B and a lot from column FOAD... trust me... that shouldn't be spelt out.

Now. I get angry because I hear it all. the. time. It never ends. And I am assured that it's unlikely to ever end... at least not any time soon. This is from a very realiable source.

I think I finally figured out why I get so angry. These people are telling me what's wrong with my son. What I should feel or think or do. I get very angry because I do NOT get told what to do... let alone think. But the biggest reason I get angry? He's not broken. He's perfect.





He's absolutely perfect. I couldn't have painted a better picture on canvas.






He can be anything. He can DO anything. He will have EVERYTHING.

My son is the best of the best. He's... he's... Jérôme... my little dare-devil, my fearless baby, my never-ending source of entertainment, my comedien...

He's my everything.

He will talk when he's ready. He'll grow when his angel deems it necessary.

I'd like to point out a few things for the people that obviously aren't reading this, but it will make me feel better writing it out.

Famous men under 5'5":

Seth Green - 5'4"

Micheal J. Fox - 5'4"

Emilio Estevez - 5'4"
Mickey Rooney - 5'3"
Danny DeVito - 5'0"

Mel Brooks - 5'5"

Joe Pesci - 5'4"
Martin Scorsese - 5'4"
Harry Houdini - 5'5"
Prince - 5'3"

Mohandas Gandhi - 5'3"

Paul Simon - 5'2"
Pablo Picasso - 5'4"



Basically? I have an amazing son, TWO amazing sons. They couldn't be more perfect.

Screw you that have opinions that would bring my angel down. Keep your opinions and observations to yourselves for once.

And in case your mother didn't teach you this lesson...

IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start