What happens when a stay at home mom that runs a dayhome starts to do stand-up comedy?
Her husband starts to wonder about her priorities.

Funny? No? Yea. It wasn't last night either.


That was the "discussion" topic last night. That "discussion" lead me to sleep downstairs.

He complained that he doesn't get to go out. Not even stop at the grocery store for milk. Because he has to be home at a specific time all the time, or I get angry.

Hm.

Okay.

Let's clarify.

Before Christmas I was going to the gym for classes about 3x a week. And yes. He had to be home before 5:30 so I could get to said classes on time. Over the holidays, I decided a few things. That those classes weren't what I really NEEDED to lose weight. All this time at the gym is a good thing, except when it makes Sylvain come home early and deal with our kids at the end of the day (which is the worst time) so much by himself. So I spoke to him about starting to go back to what I used to do. Go to the gym AFTER the boys are in bed. That way our screechy 3yr old doesn't throw his fit of "maman, too late".

So this has only been in effect for a few weeks.

And the grocery store? I'm at home all day, every day. I LIKE going to the grocery store. I ENJOY getting out for a half hour to pick up stuff. Know what I like MORE?? Going to the grocery store as a family so we all have a say in what's in the cupboard! But that never happens.



His main argument points were, that I simply can't be out more than 2 or 3 nights a week because it's too hard for him. - Right, and it's so easy for me to do it day in and out, besides that I only have ONE night a week I need to be gone for bedtime. I'm sorry Weight Watchers must be so exciting to you.

I can't give up my workouts for the stand-up "thing". - It's not a THING... it's a passion, and I'm not giving up workouts for it.

If it keeps creeping in on Tuesdays where he takes Xavier to beavers, it's not going to work! - One, he hates being a Beaver leader. Two, Xavier KNOWS he hates being a leader. And three? Xavier doesn't even care if he GOES!

All of this came up because I came home excited that Yuk Yuk's is now starting amateur night again on Tuesdays. Not every Tuesday, of course, but once or twice a month. And that if we needed it, our neighbors daughter will watch Jerome for that hour and a half while both parents are gone.

What I DIDN'T get to say? How I'd like to go to these amateur nights ONCE a month or every 6 weeks. And how those weeks I won't actually STAY for the weight watchers meetings on Mondays so that I'm home for bedtime. That way he's still only doing ONE night a week bedtime by himself.



So after a lot of yelling, crying and him continually not listening, I came to a very frustrating conclusion.

I have to give up doing comedy. Not in my personal life. Obviously. Am I giving in? Probably. Do I prefer a happy husband and home-life? Duh.

It's something I really REALLY enjoy doing. But comedy will always be around. My kids won't. My priorities need some adjusting. And yes. I went out. I did it. I actually went up on frackin' stage and made people laugh! Not just friends and family, but random people! And it was awesome. But now. Back to my reality.

I'm still hilarious as all that, but you'll have to catch my blog or me on facebook in order to laugh at me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start