The Blue Helicopter

Today I still don't feel all that well. My throat now hurts from coughing, my coughing fits are a bit random and unpredictable, and I'm losing a lot of sleep because of it.

Both Jerome and my dayhome baby were down for their afternoon naps, I was having a snack and Xavier was with Papa downstairs in the "Lego Lair" building away.

I was in the middle of watching one of my PVR shows, and suddenly I hear a weird sound. Xavier is coming up the stairs and making a thpbt thpbt thpbt sound (like a helicopter). Here he comes with this HUGE blue/grey/black helicopter, made completely out of lego. Papa was hard at work. Xavier has this big grin and says, "See Maman? Isn't it a neat helicopter? LOOK! The back opens and so does the front. It's for me and you and Papa. Now we just need to find you a lego man, oops, I mean girl."

"WOW! That's awesome Xavier!" I was truly impressed by this custom built flying vehicle that I could NEVER do... well, maybe if I had instructions I could, but that's besides the point. Xavier just tells Papa what he wants and Papa can build it. It's amazing what those two can come up with.

So he takes his helicopter downstairs and disappears for a while with Papa.

Meanwhile, my dayhome baby has woken up and needs a new diaper for like the 10th time today. Ugh. Oh well. ;) And I'm sitting with him giving him milk and feeding him a small snack before his father comes to get him.

Papa and Xavier come upstairs and Xavier decides he wants to go outside and play in the snow. Papa does his best to convince him that we should stay inside because it's so cold out, nothin' doin', he wanted to go out NOW. So he started to get bundled up to go out, and then he starts talking about the lego 'copter again.

Papa looks at him and says, "Did you tell Maman WHY you wanted to build her a helicopter?" Xavier, "Oh, no. I forgot."

At this point I'm confused, I thought it was for him.

"Maman. I wanted to build you a helicopter because your tummy is getting smaller and I'm so proud of you. You look beautiful."

Oh. My. Gosh.

I smiled, turned away and started to cry. My four year old boy. My wonderful, handsome little boy. He has just given me a boost. He'll never know how much he inspired me. He'll never know how much encouragement I got from him.

And his blue helicopter.

Comments

  1. Nothing beats the energy a hug or a comment likethat will give you. Kids are fantastic.
    Two thumbs up for you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start