My Weightloss Journey... So Far

To date I've lost 25.2 lbs. My goal in the end is to get down about 80lbs, which would make my end weight around 175 - 180lbs. I have to say that I'm happy with the way things are going for me, I average about 1 1/2lbs per week, I'm very VERY happy for that.

On top of just eating properly, I've started going to the gym three times a week. Twice for a circuit workout and once for a Zumba class. It's tough, but so far I think it's working for me. It's a good feeling at the end of a workout to be sore and sweaty and tired, but you think to yourself, geez I feel great.

I have a lot of support to help me develop this new lifestyle I strive for. There's the people at the meetings that are there once a week and applaud all the accomplishments and encourage you through the hiccups that your path might have. Then there's the gym. My neighbor tries to come with me once in a while, and there's the instructors there that are all encouraging to... well, pretty much everybody. And my friends and family. Coming out and telling them exactly how much I weigh and what I'm doing was the best thing I could've done for myself. So many people have been or are on weight watchers, there's so much support everywhere I turn. It's awesome.

This post is more of a reflection than anything else. I'm trying to remember where I started and how I got here. It's great for reminding myself that even though it's been tough, it's worth it, in the end I'll be better for this change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start