What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life. My kids, my husband, my family... all that. But I don't like Thanksgiving. I understand, for the most part, what the holiday is symbolic of and why we gather. I just don't like it.

I haven't had much luck on that holiday in the last few years. That weekend is always a weekend of bad luck or, to quote a movie, 'a series of unfortunate events'. And this year was no exception. My boys were sick before the weekend and just seemed to get worse on that weekend. We weren't able to go visit family and we barely got out of the house at all.

There are lots of people that don't have that sort of luck. That can have that weekend go by without even blinking, it's such a breeze, but not I. It's one of those holidays that I look forward to getting through as quickly and painlessly as possible!

I would much rather have Halloween as a holiday! I love the costumes, the decorations, the mood, the scary movies... pretty much all of it! It's something I look forward to and do a lot of preparation for. I love to make the costumes when I can or modify the store bought ones. If it were to actually become a holiday I may faint with excitement!!!

So yea. Thanksgiving? Not my cup of tea. I am very thankful for everything and everyone in my life, but I think I'll just keep looking forward to Halloween and then Christmas! But have no fear. I'll give Thanksgiving another shot next year... I mean... it's not like I have a choice!

Hope you all had a great weekend this year and have lots to be thankful for!!

Comments

  1. Glad you are willing to give it another shot! Now as one who really isn't into the horror stuff, I am glad Hallowe'en is just one evening. I love seeing the kids in their costumes, and we always hand out treats and Bob carves a jack-o-lantern. I even have some inside decorations, courtesy of Partylite, but it is not a celebration I would miss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start