A milestone reached

Here we go... it's Wednesday... time for a Celebrity Body... aka... a half hour of hell.

I got my mat, I got my step and I got my medicine ball... what the hell is she going to make us do today?!??

Glancing over at friends and strangers, we're all thinking the same thing. Why do I do this to myself?? WHY do I... oh wait... yea... that's right... because I WANT to.

Okay, so she's going to make us do 4 exercises and we're going to try and do three rounds in 25min?? Holy crap. Okay, here we go.

Do two plie jumps, and then get down and do some plank leg jump things... okay, so I don't know what the heck they're called, but they HURT!

Next, take your medicine ball, lunge foward make two figure eights with the medicine ball and straight arms, back to centre and then lung foward and do a side bend (with said ball). And repeat.

Do the other leg.

Now, lung backwards with the ball in your arms stretched above your head. Get down and do mountain climbers to a count of 4.

Finally, get into plank position and then put your butt in the air for a downward dog, and then get back into plank position. It's like mid air push ups... holy crap hard.

The first round I was doing it, but not REALLY pushing myself. She then calls out, PUSH YOURSELVES THIS TIME!!

Okay, here we go. I can do this.

Deep lunges, jump so my feet come off the floor, I don't have to jump HIGH, just have to get off the floor a bit. Straight arms, lots of resisitance... I can DO this!

Okay, 30 sec break., I feel like I'm going to DIE.

Last set. This is it. After this it's stretching and cool down. Okay, should be good to finish it without passing out or tripping or falling... whew. here we go.



Okay, lunge... lunge... hmmm....

I wonder how low I'm going? I mean, it feels like I should be touching the floor. For crying out loud, is the floor SAGGING under me? That's why I can't feel it. Yeah. That's why.

Hmm... maybe if I go just a bit lower. I can do this. My knees don't hurt. I can go deeper.

*smile*

Huh?

*smile*

Holy shit.

*huge grin*

My knee touched the floor.

HOLY CRAP!
I DID IT AGAIN!

My knee is TOUCHING the floor when I lunge..

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh....

I can't believe this. I actually TOUCHED the floor.
Okay, I can't think about this. I can't think about this too much.

Alright, get thru the exercises... just finish them.

Plank, do the plank, do the downward dog... plank... repeat repeat... I can do this..

She said we're done... Oh My God.

I grab my towel... I start to put my stuff away, go back, start to stretch... I can't... I have to leave... I can't keep a straight face...

I start to cry. I bury my face in my towel. I go to the bathroom, run some cold water, put it on my face... dry... do it again... look in the mirror....

I'm smiling... I can't help it... I just did a lunge where my knee touched the floor and I was able to stand back up with proper posture and no heaving or grunting...

I don't know if I'll ever stop smiling.

After Zumba, I went up to the instructor and thanked her. She smiled and oh, your welcome. I told her she didn't understand, and I explained what happened, and I cried again... she gave me the softest smile I've seen in a long time, hugged me and told me I was a trooper.

Found my friends outside, told them and I started crying again, high fives... and lots, LOADS, of encouragement, letting me know they've seen me get lower, lift more, go longer. They've noticed my hard work and how much better I'm getting...



I love having friends, I love having relationships that give me love and encouragement.

I did a lunge last night. A proper lunge. My knee touched the ground and I got back up again. That lunge, that FIRST lunge, has been a year and a half in the making.

From the moment I decided to lose weight, until now and everything in between... that lunge is my new motivation. My new reason to work harder and keep going... Oh yea...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start