Time for a Change

 It's been four years since I've created a post. Holy man, time flies.

A lot has happened. A lot has changed. Including living through a pandemic. I could start writing about my lapse in mental stability, how it lead me down a dark path and has taken me a very long time to get back. Or I could touch on the fact that Jerome was assessed and diagnosed with ADHD and processing delay, and that Xavier is going to be assessed for ASD giftedness. Maybe I should talk about the pandemic and all that has changed as a result of that.

Nah.

We don't need life updates from me.

This blog is going to be taking a turn. It's going to go from a place for me to vent and expel my demons and issues, to a place of support and encouragement.

One thing over the past four years that I have done is graduate from Bow Valley College in the Early Childhood Education and Development program. I am now an ECE Level 3, and on top of that I took the MacEwan University Flight Curriculum course. I have learned so much, and discovered so many things about myself as an educator and child care provider, that it has inspired me to redo my blog.

I've always considered myself an advocate for the exceptional needed children, but what have I done? The answer.. not much. Not much of anything. In fact, other than TALK about being an advocate and showing some coworkers some strategies, I have done absolutely nothing.

It's hard to look at myself as an advocate for anything really without realizing I haven't done much of anything, however, that is going to change. From this point on I dedicate this blog to the children that need a voice, have a voice and feel as though they are not heard, or have been silenced. As of this moment in time, I am not sure what direction it will take or even where it will start. 

I do know I will touch on many things, hopefully I can help inspire others to good, or help in some fashion. At the very least, I plan on sharing my knowledge and experience in the past 12 years of child development. 

Wait for it. It's coming. I have always despised change, so for me to change my entire blog to something that is optimistic, informative and helpful..

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!?!? <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Too Much Information? Perhaps.