Where to Start

 Time flies when there's a pandemic and you're in out of school care. I swear I just made the previous post the other day, not three weeks ago! So much has happened, but before we even begin to talk about that, let's discuss some topics that I want to go over.

The next few posts that I create will be centered around behaviour. Yes, I know, everyone talks about behaviour and how it's linked to feelings, situations, peers, caregivers, weather, meals, etc. Really it all is. However, there is so much more to it than.. Joe hit Sue because he was angry that she took his truck. While Joe is probably very angry and did indeed hit her for that reason, is there something else? Should we be helping him unpack and determine where those feelings came from? So much can be learned.

After that I hope to go over observation vs supervision. Yes. There is indeed a difference. Maybe not to most, but if you have intent and purpose as motivation to watch what the children do and how they interact, then you're observing them. Keeping them safe from harm, ensuring they don't hurt each other, supervision. Again, there is much more to it than that. On top of that we can link observation and behaviour together.

Since my goal is to keep these posts brief, informative, and open for discussion, that will be all I post for today. Next week look for the next one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Too Much Information? Perhaps.