Not who I was, am who I am.

I've decided that it's official. I'm no longer the person I once was.

Yea. I know. That would've been the first thing that I realized when I had kids, right? Nah. I was too busy trying to NOT change that I didn't realize how much change comes naturally.

I came home last night with the boys from picking up some stuff. Got them into bed, and went to sit down... oops, feed the dog... oh I should do the dishes... ah yes, the fish need to be fed... look the dog is restless, lets play outside for a bit... come back in... sheesh, I should really pick up these cans...

I stopped. Oh my gosh. What the heck. I have some time to myself and instead of watching the PVR that has my shows recorded... Long Island Medium... or Untold Stories of the ER... or even Storage Wars... ok... that last one is a shameful secret... hehehe..

I was wandering around the house, picking up, tidying, putting away, taking care of things... When did this happen?

I became... shudder... a grown-up... a responsible home owner... MAN!

:)

It's kind of nice realizing that as much as you don't want to become your mom sometimes, the best parts of her come through when they should. Mind you... the worst parts of her I own and sometimes make worse all by myself, but that's another blog I think.

After all that. I finally sat down and logged onto Facebook, duh, to see what everyone was up to. I started to peruse my friends list. So many people that I had once knew in person and used to have so much in common with. Friends from High School. Friends from work. Even friends and family OF other friends! And no I look at them and know that even though I may not keep in touch as much as I should, they helped shape me!

Not the 'pear' shape so much, but my personality and my values and even my beliefs. I wish I was a better friend and even a better family member sometimes, but what does that mean exactly? If that means I would drop anything and everything to help in a moments instance because I'm needed, then I'm freakin' awesome!!

But if that means talking to them on a regular basis, keeping up on what's happening in their lives and knowing what they're into at a particular moment? I suck. BAD.

I'm sure that there's life beyond my little existence. My boys. My husband and my house. I get wrapped up in my cozy surroundings and tend to forget that I should look UP.

Then something happens that pulls me completely out into the open and I suddenly find myself helping. Listening. Crying. Laughing.

It's a wonderful thing.

I hope to do it more often now that I know I'm not who I once was. Nope. I'm better. And all of my friends and family that leave me like a mushroom or pull me out into the sun... they helped me be better... they're amazing too.

'Til next time! Keep looking up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start