I am woman... hear me say "Oh shit, what did I get myself into now...?"

That's right, an old Britney Spears song comes to mind... no... not Toxic... the Ooops I did it again...

Nope, not because I've been luring men with my sexy dance in school girl's clothing...

Sylvain is gone this week to Las Vegas, convention and Boot Camp for work. Yes, it actually is. He said that these boot camps happen in one of two places, Las Vegas or Europe.

Ok, I'll miss out on Vegas, that's fine.

So I'm doing the mom&dad thing while he's gone. I've got to run the dayhome, run the house, run the kids, etc etc... so I decided HEY! Why not do fix something that's been bothering me for a while? I can do it.

Our shower floor is tile. Itty bitty tile. Which means itty bitty lines of grout. Grout that is cracking, molding and all around disgusting. I'm tired of trying to scrub it with bleach and all sorts of other cleaners that just plain don't work.

So I googled "How to re-grout my shower floor". Oh yes... you see where this is going don't you?

And while others might hire someone to do it for them, or wait until their significant - much better at handling power tools - other is back, I decided, HEY! I can do this myself... right? I mean, how hard can it be? Turns out, it is rather simple... or so it seems at this stage.

I just spent the last 50 minutes in my tiny shower stall, cramped at the bottom, dressed in black (oh yes, smart I am), with a power thingy, cutting out the old grout from the itty bitty lines between the itty bitty tiles. Oh, I also had a red bandanna around my mouth and nose. My legs are wobbly from such a weird position, my ears are ringing and my skin feels... grainy...

But all that old disgusting grout? It's gone. I have to vacuum it out tomorrow before I put the new grout in. I have a tub of pre-mixed stuff and a rubber float...I have sponges for later and yes, I even have sealant. Oh yes, I paid attention to the wikiHow man...



It's odd doing something like this on my own. And now that it's going... not bad... I've started thinking, huh, maybe I should do the corners too... cut out the old silicon and put new stuff... hmm...

Yup, that's me.. Handy-wo-man Tanya...

Ah. Whom I kidding? This is the only time I'll take initiative! HA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start