My name is Tanya and I...

... am overweight. I currently weigh 261 lbs. My BMI is 49, and it should be under 25. According to the BMI chart, I should weigh less than 132 lbs to be considered a healthy weight for my height.

My entire adult life, I've been overweight. It's never been this bad. I've always had a certain self-image, I'm heavy, but it's not that bad. That changed.

The moment I realized that Sylvain accepts my size, I was devastated. I knew he did, but when you realize it while in an intimate moment, it makes you think twice. I love that he can see me as beautiful, but I hate that he has come to accept it as I have.

I'm tired of being heavy. I'm tired of not having energy. I'm tired of shopping in the 'plus' section. I'm tired of what I see in the mirror. Starting today, it changes.

I need all the support and encouragement I can get. I will be keeping track of my progress on paper and online. I will have goals, small ones, silly ones and, of course, ones that seem impossible to achieve. But I'm determined to lose weight, and keep it off for good.

Sylvain is committed to helping me in any way he can. It will only benefit him in the end, and will give our boys a better example of healthy living.

With this blog site, I will keep track of my progress. I hope that most will follow, and in the end I hope it'll help me look back at what I've accomplished!

Comments

  1. So I was doing a little Tanya stalking (you will regret FB befriending me :)). And decided to scan over this here little blog of yours. This post really struck me. Made some moisture expel from my eyes. I will be starting my own weight loss journey in a few months and am sure that I will be watching your blog for encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start