Eight weeks later

Eight weeks ago I started something crazy. Bootcamp. Oh yea. I'm totally out of my mind! But it was something I felt I should do.

Thanks to 13 people, 13 people that nominated me on the Biggest Winner bootcamp facebook page, I got a spot in the competition. It was an amazing feeling. I was scared out of my mind and beyond excited all at the same time. It's hard to actually convey the feeling until you've felt it. I've heard people try to describe it, but there's no real way to put words to something that makes you speechless.

You know that feeling you get when you get to the top of the roller coaster? The one where you almost hover at the top, just before you go down that first hill? That's how it feels. It's that crazy, overwhelming, totally insane feeling.

Eight weeks ago we did a fitness test our first class. Here's how it went:
1 min. push ups:    15 (on my knees)
1 min. sit ups:        0 (only crunches)
wall sit:                   22 sec (WTF?)
plank hold:             1 min. (knees)
10 min. run/walk: just over one lap (like 0.8km)

Seriously. NO SIT UPS. It was friggin' stupid. Everbody else is going hard core... up down... up down... up down... and all I can manage is stupid crunches.. wtf?? Oh, and the 22sec wall sit? Oh jesus pancake cruches... it was dumb! After 22 sec, my legs were shaking and I slid down the wall and sat there. I couldn't believe how weak I was.

I knew that I was unfit. I mean, I was losing weight, but I had no muscles, it was sad. Pathetic really. I was disappointed in myself, and it made me want to quit. Why'd I stick with it? The support. There were at least 22 people in that first class and the people around me were rooting me on, encouraging me and trying to get me to go further. Didn't know their names, they didn't know mine. It made me feel... happy. Which is a big deal if you're me! I didn't quit because you don't quit when you get an opportunity like that.

I couldn't quit. I just plain couldn't. There was too much to gain and nothing to lose. Someone offers you a free bootcamp, you get people that love you and believe in you to nominate you, and it's something that you know you need. Deserve, even.

So after eight weeks.. this is what I can do NOW:
1 min. push ups:    30 (on my knees)
1 min. sit ups:        16 (oh yea baby)
wall sit:                   1:33 min.
plank hold:             3min (knees)
10 min. run/walk: just over 1 1/2 laps

BOO YAH BABY!!! I'm friggin' awesome!!

So what have I learned in eight weeks? Here it is.

I can do anything.

That's it. That's what I learned. I can do anything. Doesn't matter what it is, if I think I can, I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start