Sore doesn't begin to describe what I feel...

Oh. My. God.

That hurt. One hour of pure torture. And the best part? I'm going back tomorrow. Oh yea. I'm officially insane. Absolutely nuts. Bonkers. Off my rocker... and I love it!

I got to my class and they were doing a fitness test. One minute of push ups, one minute of sit ups, plank, wall sit, and 10min walk/run... oh yea... I suck. No. Really. I suck.

I can't do a single sit up. Not one. I tried, holy crap I tried. Supposed to put your hands by your temple and pull up to your knees. Nope, not gonna happen. I tried to put my hands flat at my sides, nope, still not gonna happen. I tried to launch myself up, STILL didn't happen. So on my fitness test, I wrote zero... oh yea... zero in the column. I so suck.

Here it comes...

BUT....

I'm proud of myself for going. I'm proud of myself for trying. And I'm damn happy that I'm going to keep trying until I can actually do it! There is nothing I can do about not being fit right NOW... but as I go... I'm going to get there, I'm going to do it.

For now. My butt hurts. My quads hurt. My stomach hurts... aka abs... hehehe... my arms, feet, neck... blah blah blah... you get it... I'm so sore. Sore doesn't begin to describe how it feels... whew...

Right now I can use all the support you're willing to give me. Emotional. Spiritual. Hell... I'll take cheerleaders. I love getting applause. :) Seriously though, I think this is going to be an amazing experience for me. There is a woman that was right next to me, egging me on, pushing me, telling me that I can do it. I couldn't believe it. She didn't even know my name, but she's there for the same thing. To get fit. To get in shape. To be a better... well... to be a better everything.

My first day down... 7 weeks and 6 days to go... oh god... I'm gonna need help. :)

Comments

  1. Honest truth - 3 years ago when I started I could not do a single sit up either. In any position. I was convinced I had birthed my core with the last child. It wasen't even that it hurt, it was as though the muscles did not exist.
    And now, after so much trying, I may not be in awesome shape, but my average workout includes at least 50 situps, plus bicycles and a minute plank.
    It seems really, really impossible. I know. But you can do it baby! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End isn't always THE End

Washing My Hair in the Sink

Where to Start